- Speaker Karen Koch, fine artist and gallery owner
- Cost Free for members. $10 contribution suggested from guests when you RSVP
- Zoom Info https://zoom.us/j/91630695665?pwd=eXFmbE81S3BVaGY2VkpERzV2cnF0Zz09 Meeting ID: 916 3069 5665 Password: etsy
Our multi-talented July speaker Karen Koch is a fine artist, entrepreneur, gallery owner, and instructor. Karen has frequently taught an "Etsy Entrepreneurship Class" at the Hudson Library and will share her knowledge virtually with CDPUG and the wider world.
Karen will explain: What is Etsy and why use it? What can you sell and NOT sell on Etsy. What Etsy does well and its weaknesses. This program is the third installment of our popular series covering the topic of "Successfully Selling Art." The intent is to move from the general insights of the talented panelists at our January 2020 Program (Read our three part blog review), and dive deeply into one of the important platforms available to artists for selling their work.
Some of the topics covered will be:
- Costs and fees
- How does Etsy compare to other online platforms, such as Shopify, Amazon Handmade, Square
- Looking at some successful shops – local and national
- Fitting Etsy into your basket of tools (website, social media, retail shops, in person events)
- What's selling well online in 2020?
- Getting started: Etsy's Craft Entrepreneurship Program: A series of classes that help participants open an Etsy shop, identify target customers, develop a brand, get found in search, take good photos, price accurately, and market your goods.
Speaker Bio: Karen Koch is a mixed media artist inspired by nature and nostalgia, using paper, books, maps, and paint with stitching and buttons to create colorful mixed media art. In addition to being a full-time artist, she co-owns Uncommon Art, an art studio and gallery on historic Main Street in Hudson, which features modern art and fine craft by Northeast Ohio artists. Karen's background in web content, search engine optimization, and on-line marketing comes in handy when selling her own art on-line and teaching others to do the same.
Related upcoming events
2020-08-27 6:00 PM - 2020-08-27 8:00 PM
Learn what User Experience (UX) is and why it matters for any product, service, or design today. We’ll cover what the heck UX is and what it’s not, what it means for emerging technologies where screens disappear, and practical tips you can use immediately in your work.