Whether you create your own content, are a freelance content creator for others, or a digital publisher, part of your work is to understand the legal issues creators face every day. Sharon Toerek, an IP and marketing lawyer and Principal of Toerek Law, will take us through an interactive discussion about legal issues like copyright protection, contracts, and other legal matters that matter to protect your work, and your livelihood. Come ready with your legal questions!
Speaker Bio: Sharon Toerek is Principal of Toerek Law, where she focuses her national law practice on helping professionals in the advertising, marketing and creative services industries protect and monetize their intellectual capital, and manage the legal implications of their marketing and advertising work.
Sharon provides proactive, strategic counsel to communications, marketing, advertising and creative agencies on legal and business issues they face continually in their work, including:
- agency-client relationships, including agency service contracts
- agency-freelancer relationship management
- trademark and brand protection matters
- social media and content marketing legal compliance
- copyright protection, licensing and transfer of creative content
- advertising law