Customer Service, Manager, Marketing, Project Coordinator, and Training/Instruction
Cleveland East Side
Listing Dates: 04/07/2019 to 06/02/2019
Cleveland Institute of Art, one of the nation’s leading independent colleges of art and design, is seeking an Assistant Director of Admissions. This position is responsible for assisting in the day to day function of the admissions office, recruitment efforts, and application process.
Primary responsibilities include:
Significant Administrative Responsibility:
- Lead supervisor on admissions recruitment programming, including development, execution, and management of all on-campus programs.
- Campus visit procedures and evaluation.
- Admissions travel coordination.
- Management and training of new admissions personnel with oversight from the Associate Director.
Recruitment Activities and Programs:
- Represent CIA to prospective students, their parents, secondary school counselors, art teachers, and other education professionals or organizations involved in the college recruitment and selection process in an identified region of the United States.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate recruitment activities for assigned national recruitment territory.
- Conduct presentations in art classrooms and hold meetings with guidance departments within territory.
- Travel within assigned region for roughly 8-12 weeks during Fall Semester and roughly 4-6 weeks during the Spring Semester.
- Maximize enrollment interests regionally and nationally as identified by established goals.
Advising, Counseling, and Communication:
- Counsel prospective applicants about career paths, the admission process and opportunities available at CIA.
- Exercise professional judgement in advising students about potential for admission.
- One-on-one admission counseling to diverse populations; in person interviews and portfolio reviews, phone calls, meetings at college fairs and portfolio days, and other electronic means of communications.
- Conduct a minimum number of contacts per week to prospective students established by enrollment goals.
- In consultation with department leadership, help to manage ongoing strategic communications with educational institutions, organizations, and independent counseling associations.
- Assist in the development and delivery of off and on-campus events and programs.
Admission Decision Review and Decision Making:
- Review and assess application materials.
- Assess, score, and recommend students for potential merit scholarship awards and assist families with the financial aid process.
Collaboration and Professional Development:
- Collaborate with appropriate CIA departments and external organizations as needed in order to facilitate admission and enrollment fulfillment for students, while meeting enrollment goals.
- Maintain an active role in professional development as a means for remaining current and aware in the profession of higher education, art education, and the admissions profession.
- Regularly review professional journals and periodicals, active participation in professional organizations at the state, regional and national levels, and actively pursue CIA product knowledge to be used with the external market.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Direct experience in art and/or in the admissions profession is highly desirable. Must possess demonstrated knowledge of ability to learn state and federal laws and ethical principles as outlined by the National Association of College Admissions Counselors.
Requires excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills. Requires a deep understanding and ability to speak about art and design principles. Requires the ability to work independently with little supervision and be a reliable team player.
Candidates must be highly flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment that emphasizes measurable work outcomes.
Application must include cover letter, salary requirements, and resume.
Cleveland Institute of Art
11610 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44106
Job Code: ADA19
No phone calls please
The Cleveland Institute of Art is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment, and to the principles that promote inclusion.