Creative Director, Designer - Print & Web, Photographer, and Writer
Listing Dates: 09/08/2019 to 10/01/2019
Position Title: Content Developer
Department: Content Development
Division: Tooling U – SME
The Content Developer is responsible for producing original training materials by synthesizing various sources, writing training content, and developing supporting materials such as test questions, vocabulary terms, and photos in a timely manner while adhering to company style and measures of quality. This responsibility typically involves the following tasks:
- Gathering and synthesizing information from a variety of sources such as textbooks, trade articles, online sources, and presentations or speaker notes from instructors to establish general knowledge and “best practices.”
- Writing training content that is clear, accurate, concise, and informative while consulting with the Subject Matter Expert (SME) as needed to achieve these qualities.
- Interviewing and collaborating with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to gather information and ensure the technical accuracy of all content.
- Collaborating with graphic artists and illustrators to produce high-quality images that support the written content.
- Creating supplemental content such as test questions, vocabulary terms, quizzes, etc.
- Taking digital photographs and using photo-editing software as needed to visually enhance training content.
- Editing and proofreading the work of other team members to help ensure error-free content.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, skills and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters degree in English preferred
- Minimum of 1 year professional work experience.
- Ability to work independently on the job and manage the contribution of others (such as fellow editors, SMEs, graphic artists, beta testers, etc.) in order to meet deadlines established by the Director of Content.
- Some travel required.
- Standard office environment.
- Regular, in person attendance required.
SME connects manufacturing professionals, academia and communities, sharing knowledge and resources to build inspired, educated and prosperous manufacturers and enterprises. With more than 85 years of experience and expertise in events, media, membership, training and development, and also through an education foundation, SME is committed to promoting manufacturing technology, developing a skilled workforce and attracting future generations to advanced manufacturing. Learn more at sme.org, follow @SME_MFG on Twitter or facebook.com/SMEmfg.
About the SME Education Foundation
The SME Education Foundation is committed to inspiring, preparing and supporting the next generation of manufacturing engineers and technologists in the advancement of manufacturing education. Created by SME in 1979, the SME Education Foundation has provided more than $33 million since 1980 in grants, scholarships and awards through its partnerships with corporations, organizations, foundations and individual donors. Visit the SME Education Foundation at smeef.org. Follow @mfgeducation on Twitter or facebook.com/SME.Education.Foundation