Marketing, Product Development, and Project Coordinator
Listing Dates: 11/25/2018 to 01/27/2019
The Creative Coordinator provides analysis and creative support for the development of creative briefs for Recycled Paper Greetings or the AG Alternative programs. This position is responsible for program preparation and product attribute analysis. Additionally, this position supports the management and coaching of artists within the artist community. This position will also collaborate with several internal departments, serving as “product and trend expert” for team assigned programs.
This position will be responsible for supporting the AG Creative process workflow and support product analysis requirements for the AG Alternative portfolio.
• Assists the Assistant Creative Manager/Creative Manager in development of creative briefs for greeting cards, and other product categories as needs necessitate, in support of the RPG brand direction. Collaborates with Product Management and Account Teams to understand and identify line needs.
• Becomes product content experts of RPG product lines at the tone, design and subject matter level to assess overall quality, balance and competitiveness in order to support development of new content. Primary focus is at sku and assortment level.
• Curates artist content from online sources and catalogs for inclusion in the line.
• Conducts product analysis to support AG Alternative product line refreshes.
• Supports the development of line refresh briefs for the AG Alternative program portfolio and collaborates with AG Creative team through development workflow.
• Conducts competitive product analysis.
• Codes key product attributes completely and accurately.
• Collects and arranges product samples on boards for analysis and presentation of product insights and gap identification.
• Develops and organizes insights in a manner that guides strategic thinking and product strategy development.
• Keeps current with pop culture – trends that may impact design and copy.
• Keeps current with new artists in the industry, researches new artists for potential in the RPG portfolio
• Keeps current with new and different art styles, techniques, finishings, and paperstocks for greeting cards and other product categories. Recognizes editorial themes, key words and language styles.
• Supports product strategies by curating mood and inspirational reference to provide program direction/examples within the creative brief.
• Supports Assistant Creative Manager/Creative Manager in preparing for key presentations.
• Collaboratively works with Assistant Creative Manager to assess submissions and make product selection recommendations.
• Supports the management and coaching of artists. For designated programs, tallies and organizes submissions, documents artist feedback on acceptances and rejections as well as tracks any changes required to enhance the product. Works collaboratively to share information to support broader business compilation.
• Understands the key drivers of perceived value and cost of goods to assess and/or assign finishings to meet RPG price/value guidelines and Product Management’s pricing goals.
• Acquires and maintains complete product knowledge of assigned programs and caption groups.
• Initiates final art requests for external artist community and collaboratively works with Creative Operations to ensure accuracy.
• Assumes ownership for accuracy and completeness of information
• Tracks and meets all creative deadlines according to the corporate schedule/ internal schedule.
• Builds and maintains collaborative partnerships with internal business partners.
• Seeks opportunities for process improvements and ways to inspire artists
• Other duties as needed/as project needs necessitate.
• 1-3 years of prior retail/consumer product analysis, marketing communications, or other creative experience demonstrating ability to manage projects independently.
• Previous experience working in a professional corporate environment.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication to effectively communicate and build relationships with internal partners and artists.
• Strong project management skills.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized with a strong sense of urgency and commitment.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of greeting card and/or social expressions industry is a distinct plus.
• Strong PC skills to include excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Creative software knowledge desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related degree with relevant experience.