Creative Director, Curator, Framer, Manager, and Project Coordinator
Cleveland East Side
Listing Dates: 09/15/2019 to 09/30/2019
Curates the collection and exhibition of art for Cleveland Clinic, #4 hospital system in the US with a world class contemporary art collection including more than 6800 objects exhibited throughout 38+ million square feet of facilities nationwide. The art collection is integral to Cleveland Clinic’s healing environment and culture.
To learn more: Clevelandclinic.org/power-of-art
- Works with the Executive Director of the Art Program and Senior Leadership of the Center for Design
- Management of the art collection
- Curating, acquisition, exhibition design, education and outreach and general project management.
- Installation of art and posters throughout the Cleveland Clinic Health System
- Managing artists; overseeing commissions; planning arts programs (internal and external communities);
- Reporting to upper management on projects; providing direction to the Art Handlers and fine art contractors regarding the shipping, handling and installation of fine art collection and oversight of interns and docents.
- Spokesperson for department; excellent writing and presentation skills
- Expected to engage with local arts community
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History or a related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, detail oriented, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision and with a team.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Management experience preferred
- Contemporary art world knowledge
- Minimum three years related experience dealing with fine art collections.
- Some demonstrated supervisory experience required.
- Dexterity sufficient to produce materials on a PC, normal or corrected vision to normal range, ability to clearly communicate verbally by phone and in person.
- Ability to function in a stressful environment.
- Requires ability to walk to various locations throughout the Foundation. Willing to travel to other Cleveland Clinic locations in Northeast Ohio and nationwide.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.