Analytics, Digital Marketing, Email Marketing, Marketing, Project Coordinator, and Social Media
Listing Dates: 01/06/2019 to 03/01/2019
Direct Marketing Specialist
Babcox Media, Inc. (www.babcox.com), an Akron, Ohio-based B2B print, digital and video media company with concentration in the automotive aftermarket, powersports, performance, collision, commercial fleet, engine building and tire industries, is seeking a full-time Direct Marketing Specialist.
The qualified candidate will be a self-starter, responsible for day-to-day execution of all direct marketing programs (Email, SMS, Direct Mail, targeting) and CRM initiatives. The Direct Marketing Specialist is the primary owner and administrator of the company’s customer database and tracking efforts.
Essential Job Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Executes all direct mail, email and mobile campaigns – aligning with brand and marketing/corporate strategies, tracking results and ROI, and refining campaign strategies based on customer objectives and results.
- Deploy all email and direct mail campaigns. Deployment could include design and copy editing of email blasts, HTML, scheduling and working within existing Babcox email and website platforms and programs.
- Update data sheets each month for use by sales team.
- Analyze performance, customer response, financial impact and insights to be used in future efforts. Proactively make recommendations based on findings.
- Work with outside partners to facilitate program execution.
- Partner with internal sales, digital and audience development team to develop culture of continuous improvement, testing and refinement.
- Partner with audience development team to implement best practices with the new CRM & audience database to provide long-term customer tracking and engagement and to create singular “360-degree view” of the customer.
- Leverage 3rd party data to augment and refine customer data records and campaign.
- Supports sales team and publishers in maintaining relationships as the authority on customer direct marketing performance and engagement across the organization. Will serve as daily contact with customers as well as Babcox staff. Will be responsible for collecting materials, answering customer questions on the program, getting approvals and final sign-off, monitoring campaign and troubleshooting when problems arise.
- Establish and provide regular detailed performance reporting to management team.
- Manages outside agencies and partners as necessary.
- Stay current on latest trends and products. Recommend training for self and others as needed.
- Other duties as directed by manager.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or marketing from four-year college or university preferred;
- 2-3 years of experience in an analytical role. Experience with A/B testing, list management, segmentation, personalization, growth/acquisition, re-engagement/win back campaigns, and customer journeys. Business to business background is highly desirable. Automotive experience a plus;
- Prior high volume direct mail and/or email marketing;
- Experience utilizing email marketing software required;
- Prior experience writing and/or editing content for marketing or other business communications preferred;
- Proven expertise with Adobe product suite for design and creative (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator Dreamweaver or equivalents;)
- HTML, CSS expertise for email marketing landscape;
- Understanding of front-end web development and mobile friendly web design
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Time management, organization and project management skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written;
- Onsite attendance is essential;
- Ability to travel on occasion;
- Able to balance multiple demands and thrive in and create a collaborative environment;
- Must be able to think rationally and logically. Ability to apply critical thought processes to problem-solving. Must be able to select best solutions among multiple options often under tight time constraints.
Babcox Media offers competitive salary and benefits, as well as a 401k retirement program. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their resume and a cover letter to the attention of Barbara Kimbrew at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.