Designer, Designer - Print & Web, Photoshop Work, and Production Artist
Listing Dates: 03/04/2020 to 05/06/2020
Moen’s Graphic Designer will be an integral part of an internal creative team and fully participate in the creative process, including: concept development, art creation, graphic production, feedback and approval and finishing specifications. This position will be responsible for designing a variety of types of work for a number of different audiences, including builders, consumers, plumbers, showroom consultants, internal teams and more.
Working within a collaborative creative group format and also individually, the designer will participate in and gain exposure to multiple projects and initiatives.
- Partner with team members from Product, Channel, Sales, Marketing Communications and external agencies to translate marketing needs into unique, brand-driven, consumer/customer-focused designs within budget.
- Work directly with other designers to provide design support, including versioning designs, implementing design direction, and working with printers or production partners.
- Deliver high quality creative content while maintaining consistently high standards throughout the production process. Balance multiple projects with tight deadlines to ensure work is delivered on time.
- Design and develop creative materials from concept to production on a wide variety of projects that may include: Packaging, merchandising, POP, event signage, product launch support, labels, marketing materials, digital graphics and more.
- Facilitate reviews both internally and externally while providing consistent updates and meeting varied deadlines.
- Offer thought leadership to solve business needs through smart design solutions. Reach design solutions quickly and efficiently, sometimes with multiple voices and stakeholders.
- Consult with internal clients (i.e. Marketing Services, Channel, Product) to create cohesive designs that reflect our goals and standards at our retailers and with our customers and influencers.
- Combine art and technology, using a variety of design elements, to communicate brand and product detail through images and the layout of materials whether hard-copy or digital.
- Organize complex and disparate source materials into simpler, integrated, impactful visual design.
- Interpret feedback and adjust appropriately; proactively manage the feedback loop.
- Maintain organization of art files utilizing Moen’s Digital Asset Management system, and an established network filing system.
- Potential to work in partnership with vendors, including photo/video studios, CGI agencies, creative partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of graphic design experience is required; in-house or agency experience is preferred
- Strong design aesthetic and color sense
- Strong portfolio showing design skills and process
- Strong production skills, with an eye for detail
- Working knowledge of packaging industry, structure and print production
- Ability to translate concept ideas to presentable mock-ups
- Ability to work in a highly-collaborative, rapidly changing environment with tight timelines and multiple priorities
- Self-motivated; able to work efficiently and independently with limited supervision. Will seek out information and take direction directly from project requestors and stakeholders
- Outstanding oral and presentation-based communication skills
- Ability to work in project management system such as Asana or InMotionNow, as well as experience in a Digital Asset Management system, such as Widen.
- Must be proficient in MAC operating systems, and an expert in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-Design, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite–Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.