Listing Dates: 08/09/2019 to 10/11/2019
The Cleveland Jewish Publication Company is a rapidly growing multi-media publication company seeking a dynamic, creative and innovative graphic design professional to join our team.
The Graphic Designer of the Cleveland Jewish Publication Company is responsible for the artistic and graphic direction for CJPC publications as well as custom publications and other projects as assigned. The Graphic Designer will have a strong vision for all aspects of these growing publications. He or she will collaborate closely with the CJPC design team, Publisher, Managing Editor and Lifestyles Editor to create the design direction and presentation of each issue. He or she will be instrumental in collaborating in the structuring of each issue to ensure proper flow and organization. This is a premium opportunity for a highly creative designer to put his or her stamp on a variety of publications that serve multiple audiences throughout Northeast Ohio, Central Ohio and beyond.
• Expertise in publication design
• Background in design, layout and/or publication production, and creating advertising, marketing materials and event collateral both for print and digital mediums
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, is required
• Ability to work in a Mac environment
• Skills in problem solving, quality focus, team building, project management, process improvement and implementation, and developing client relationships
• Able to meet all deadlines in a high-volume production and design environment by fulfilling the needs and requirements of both external and internal customers
• Attention to detail and file management are a must as many projects require common materials; organizing, saving and archiving files within the existing server structure is required
• Information retention is very important as many projects are produced at once; the learning curve is steep
• High level of professionalism and diplomacy a must
We offer an excellent compensation package, including a competitive salary, generous paid PTO and holidays, 401(k) savings and company match, and medical, dental, vision insurance. Our optional every-other Friday off work schedule rewards provides work-life balance encouragement for our team and your weekend starts at 4 p.m. on Friday when our week ends. If you exhibit these and other skills and have a proven track record for winning, then we encourage you to submit your résumé and three to four samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cleveland Jewish Publication Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.