Administrative, Manager, and Project Coordinator
Cleveland East Side
Listing Dates: 01/28/2020 to 03/23/2020
The Cleveland Institute of Music is a premier conservatory devoted to training the next generation of classical musicians. Our alumni earn jobs in the world’s finest orchestras, opera companies, educational institutions and use their extraordinary talent and technical mastery to build lifelong careers in music.
This positions is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the mailroom and copy center of the Institute, as well as for office supplies inventory and purchasing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all incoming and outgoing letters, flats and parcels via U.S. Mail (using Pitney Bowes), Federal Express, and United Parcel Service.
- Sort and record incoming items for faculty, staff and students.
- Process outgoing U.S. and foreign bulk mailings following postal procedures or coordinate bulk mailings with outside mailing services.
- Track cost and quantity of outbound mail, facsimile, and duplication items by department for monthly reports and invoices.
- Maintain Institute’s photocopiers for varying use by faculty, staff and students.
- Fill duplicating requests for high volume or complicated projects timely.
- Maintain a stock of general office supplies and fill faculty and staff supply requisition orders, tracking usage by department.
- Stock and sell limited school logo items.
- Reconcile daily and weekly cash received for postage, supplies and school logo items.
- Process invoices for all supplies & services purchased.
- May oversee work-study students.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-4 years mailroom or postal experience
- 2-4 years experience with copy machines/printers, particularly with completing complicated print/copy request and first-level troubleshooting of machines.
- Experience with FexEX and UPS web-based shipping for domestic and international shipments.
- Familiar with postal rates, procedures and bulk mailings.
- Effective oral/written communication via phone, email and in person.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and able to learn new software.
- Organized and detail-oriented with proven time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Possess and project a positive, professional demeanor and pleasant personality in all situations.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Physical activity required including bending, reaching, lifting and prolonged periods of sitting and standing.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Paid time off – vacation, personal and sick. In addition, closed two weeks during winter break.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits.
- Retirement plan with matching contribution after 1 year of service.
- Company paid short-term, long-term and life insurance.
- Tuition Discount for employee and dependents
The Cleveland Institute of Music is an equal employment opportunity employer and educator and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, political affiliation or veteran status.
No calls or emails, please.