Analytics, Manager, Marketing, and Project Coordinator
Listing Dates: 03/24/2019 to 05/19/2019
The Marketing & Events Coordinator will provide event coordination for many of GCP’s events and programs including, but not limited to, networking, education, recognition and prospecting events, product/member benefit events, advocacy events and other GCP/COSE events as assigned. This person will also provide marketing support for a variety of internal clients. In addition, they will work in conjunction with the marketing and events team to meet the needs of the membership and the internal departments that the events team serves. This individual will also be responsible for managing projects from concept through completion and for tracking and reporting results.
- Act as the day-to-day project manager for all assigned events and programs to ensure high-quality events/programs that meet or exceed specific participant/attendance and revenue/budgetary goals within the established time frames.
- Assist with vendor relations, venue selection and contractual obligations.
- Work with event managers on event day logistics (catering, AV, registration/nametags, signage, etc.).
- Work in partnership with Events and Marketing Managers to support large scale GCP events.
- Organize site visits and identify appropriate event venues based on event needs and in alignment with program budgets.
- Work collaboratively with affiliate partners as needed to develop effective event strategies within targeted communities.
- Work collaboratively with internal clients to develop events that meet both department goals and member interests.
- Participate in the development of an overall events strategy that plays to GCP’s strengths and those of our partner organizations.
- Explore methods of adding value to programs/events.
- Work with the marketing department to develop effective marketing plans and strategies to increase member awareness and participation in events.
- Work with marketing team to write and edit copy for marketing initiatives and vehicles to prompt discussion and drive traffic.
- Maintain and update web pages, blogs and social media.
- Assist marketing managers with deploying email, digital and web campaigns.
- Stay up to date on marketing trends, vehicles, principles and ideas.
- Work with marketing to use post-event evaluations and attendance figures to determine reasons for actual attendance and plan to help boost future attendance.
- Assist in scheduling photographers for events and other marketing needs.
- Use input from surveys, evaluations, first-hand feedback and market intelligence to continue to grow and improve existing GCP events and programs.
- Interact with all areas of GCP to identify cross marketing opportunities.
- Document and track all member engagements in the CRM.
- Attend both GCP and external events as required to engage with prospects and members.
- Other job duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or equivalent experience
- 1 – 3 years of marketing and event-planning experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook.