Listing Dates: 03/10/2019 to 05/12/2019
Responsible for the design, documentation, coding, unit testing, systems testing, and deployment of software applications. Works closely with other developers, project managers, analysts, and leaders. Works closely with clinicians to obtain regular feedback on design and development. Utilizes knowledge in the field of computer science or software engineering along with knowledge of software development and methodologies.
- Iterates with team members around analysis, design and development of software systems.
- Responsible for developing new software and proofing/testing the development to assure production of a quality product.
- Works with lead developer, lead engineer, and senior developers to ensure software development and engineering standards are met.
- Makes recommendations which yield a more cost effective product and better streamlined work flows while supporting team strategy in development approach.
- Observes operational and clinical work flow, and works to build solutions around observed behaviors.
- Helps to translate clinical problems into innovative healthcare solutions.
- Provides technical support to other developers when project support is needed.
- Experience in interfacing with internal and external customers.
- Gathers business and application specific requirements.
- Ensures all requirements are met as well as maintained within defined project scope, and documented within documentation management system.
- Keeps up with industry trends, and brings new ideas and industry solutions to healthcare for a unique application.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and support fix and updates in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred.
- For Information Technology Division caregivers, ITIL Foundations certification is required within 6 months of position start date.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and take appropriate action.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in software development.
- Experience with hospital or medical systems preferred.
- Offset: If position is hired into the Digital Mobile Department, a minimum of 2 years iOS and/or Android development experience required.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work autonomously and prioritize
- Experience with Agile development processes including regular sprints, rapid iterations, and frequent user feedback preferred.
- Comfortable with bug tracking and enhancement request requirements documentation preferred.
- Experience with web development and/or native mobile application development preferred.
- Familiar with continuous integration principals and application/platform deployment best practices including change control processes preferred.
- Comfortable with code review processes and constant peer feedback preferred.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment.