Developer, Manager, Mobile Developer, Product Development, Project Coordinator, Web Designer, and Web Developer
Listing Dates: 09/08/2019 to 11/10/2019
Strategy & Planning
• Work with the business units to identify business requirements for requested projects.
• Identify the technical requirements of projects.
• Analyze all aspects of the projects.
• Perform feasibility and cost/benefit analyses for proposed projects.
• Plan and organize tasks, report on project progress, coordinate with additional development teams.
Development & Deployment
• Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Design application and database components for development projects.
• Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Willingness and ability to train and teach other developers.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Train and knowledge share with development teams.
• Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
• Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
• Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Attend management meetings on behalf of team.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Application server maintenance tasks such as: software/hardware upgrades, patching, security configuration, batch process maintenance and migration to new platforms.
• Address internal audit concerns to address Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Some travel required.
• Working outside the standard office 7.5 hours workday may be required; on-call availability.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in a related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years of IT experience.
• 5+ years experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• 3+ years working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
• 5+ years experience in an Enterprise Database Management System, preferably Oracle.
• 2+ years experience with PL/SQL.
• Experience with Source Control environments such as SVN or GIT.
• Experience configuring application servers such as Jboss and Tomcat.
• Experience with Unix/Linux OS and shell scripting.
• Experience creating automated build scripts (Ant/Gradle).
• Experience with React.js and building single page applications considered a plus.
• Experience with JVM languages such as Groovy considered a plus.
• Strong and comprehensive verbal and written communications.
• Responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills; able to recognize and address areas needing improvement.
• Motivated and competent to contribute appropriate time and effort to work needing attention.
• Attentive to detail with focus on accurate and timely results.
• Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to competing needs.
• Attentive and reactive to customer needs and concerns.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.