Applications Developer and Developer
Listing Dates: 07/06/2019 to 09/07/2019
Senior Mobile Application Developer
- Req #: 52474
- location: Beachwood, OH
- facility: CC Administrative Campus
- professional area: IT
- department: Digital Domain
- jobcode: T99059
- schedule: Full time
- shift: 8:00am-5:00pm
Job Description Summary
Digital Domain teams ideate, design, and build innovative solutions for our patients, clinicians and other caregivers by using current tools and technologies. These applications are built on mobile iOS and web ASP.NET platforms. These solutions are developed in collaboration with the business areas using agile methodologies and tools.
Responsible for the design, documentation, coding, unit testing, systems testing, and deployment of software applications. Works closely with other developers, project managers, analysts, and leaders. Works closely with clinicians to obtain regular feedback on design and development. Utilizes advance knowledge in the field of computer science or software engineering along with advanced knowledge of software development and methodologies.
- Analyzes, designs and coordinates the development of software systems.
- Responsible for developing new software and proofing/testing the development to assure production of a quality product.
- Develops new programs.
- Analyzes current programs and processes.
- Makes recommendations which yield a more cost effective product and better streamlined work flows.
- Defines and implements high performance software by leveraging a strong understanding of embedded hardware design.
- Supports team strategy in development approach.
- Iterates with team members around design and development.
- Determines and communicates the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and components.
- Determines how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications.
- Makes presentations to clinicians and hospital leaders.
- Observes work flow.
- Translates clinical problems into innovative healthcare solutions.
- Gathers business and application specific requirements.
- Ensures all requirements are met as well as maintained within defined project scope.
- Brings new ideas and industry solutions to healthcare for a unique application.
- Keeps up with industry trends both from Healthcare IT as well as from the mobile development application perspectives.
- Determines whether a particular problem is caused by hardware, operating systems software, application programs, or network failures and supporting as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- For Information Technology Division caregivers, ITIL Foundations certification is required within 6 months of position start date.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- A minimum of 10 years of software development experience.
- Experience in healthcare software development is required.
- Offset: High School Diploma / GED or equivalent and 15 years of experience.
- Offset: Associate’s Degree and 13 years of experience
- Offset: If position is hired into the Digital Mobile Department, High School Diploma / GED or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years iOS and/or Android development experience required.
- Experience with: SOA development using SOAP and REST; mobile application development and associated libraries.
- Proven track record of enterprise architecture experience with large volume, high availability enterprise applications.
- Experience with Microsoft .Net Technology Stack and Relational Database Design.
- Experience in interfacing with internal and external customers.
- Experience with hospital or medical systems preferred.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work autonomously and prioritize.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.