Listing Dates: 01/31/2019 to 02/28/2019
Senior .Net Developer
The Senior .Net Developer position within the Information Services team is an excellent opportunity to grow your knowledge and experience with web based application development. The position is responsible for the development, maintenance, and implementation of web applications that support the business strategies and objectives of the R&D organization. The position will interface with various R&D groups across all divisions as well as GSC and Corporate IT departments.
Strategy & Planning
Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
Work with Architecture role to review standards in determining the best design to meet project requirements. Responsible for implementing approved architecture design.
Develop project plans and associated documents that follow departmental protocols for project management. Load project documents into OnBase repository.
Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the IS team.Web Development
Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
Design application user interfaces and database components.
Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
Assist with the implementation plan as developed with the application owner.Maintenance and Support
Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
Provide critical support to existing web applications to resolve issues and problems.
Document all maintenance and support activities in MySupport.
Support site needs regarding other IT areas such as AV equipment and general questions on hardware and software use.
Act as a subject matter expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work for the country in which you are applying for employment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ year experience Object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD) required
- 5+ year experience using relational databases, Oracle and SQL Server required
- Development of multi-tiered applications using .NET Framework and Web Services required
- Experience with using version control software such as Subversion or GIT required
- Experience working with customers to build and formulate business requirements required
- Experience with resolving hardware and software issues required
– Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.
Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Able to work in a team oriented and collaborative environment
- Ability to learn new ideas and concepts quickly