Developer and Web Developer
Cleveland East Side
Listing Dates: 11/12/2017 to 01/14/2018
Creates new web-based applications as well as supports and enhances existing applications to meet business needs for the enterprise. Actively involved in developing user requirements and functions as the primary resource to conduct analysis, design, detailed work estimations and build systems.
- Develops software and associated life cycle deliverables for web-based applications. Analyzes, designs, develops, implements and maintains moderate to complex applications.
- Performs all of the steps required to design, test, and code developed applications.
- Develops procedures, documentation and operating instructions and successfully move programs into production. Provides production support through problems analysis and resolution to correct deficiencies.
- Performs support, development and administrative activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area preferred or five years of experience in application development.
- Five years extensive object-oriented programming experience and at least two years of application specific programming experience.
- Three years experience in managing and developing distributed web applications for large organizations, preferably in healthcare.
- 2+ years experience building web applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Basic knowledge of Relational Database Systems (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Ability to test and refactor new and existing code
- Ability to solve challenging problems
- Collaborator who can help grow the team
Strongly Preferred Experience:
- Experience with Go programming language
- Experience with API Development
- Experience with Concurrent Programming and Background Processing
- Experience with Docker and/or Ansible
Complexity of Work: Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment. Strong analytical, critical thinking and communication skills are required. Excellent at problem solving and relationship building.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities