Listing Dates: 01/13/2019 to 03/10/2019
The Web Developer designs, develops, tests, maintains and enhances multiple customer facing systems. The Web Developer interacts with IT and business partners to deliver systems that advance Vitamix strategy and improve the enterprise capability of IT.
- Creates and deploys code and configuration associated with the operational and project work for our web-based platforms (vitamix.com and associated sites, shows scheduling application, ERP, and Akamai).
- Assists in creating, evolving and standardizing technical processes (continuous integration, automated testing, etc…).
- Collaborates with business analysts, software engineers, architects, and infrastructure engineers.
- Estimates design and development work and reports to IT Steering Committee, Business partners, and PMO for project approval.
- Assists in the creation and evaluation of business requirements and project plans.
- Submits code and configuration for quality, performance, security, scalability and extensibility to senior level software engineers.
- Assists in bringing a culture of improvement and quality via devops to Vitamix IT.
1 years of experience. Ability to code in .NET and Java is a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field, or combination of education and equivalent work experience
Including, but not limited to:
- Java (JSP, servlets, request/response, properties, repositories, PL-SQL)
- C# (.NET Framework, MVC, T-SQL, SSiS)
- Oracle (EBS, Commerce)
- Integration technology (web services, WAF, CDN, translation proxy)
- Experience with QA unit testing, automated testing of code
- Familiar with standard software design patterns, object oriented design and development principles
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills. Builds good cross-functional relationships with internal and external customers
- Good problem solving/decision making ability
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and documentation
- Proficiency in a wide variety of software languages
- Understanding of relational database and operating systems
- Understanding of ramifications of configuration changes on company systems/operations
- Knowledge of data privacy practices and laws
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and manage several projects
- Strong debugging skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.