Save 50% in Take Control’s February Book Bargain Bonanza
Faced with rising snowdrifts and falling temperatures here at Take Control HQ, we’ve decided to liven up the season with a sale — it beats shoveling the driveway again! No matter what your weather, now’s the time to add any number of our books to your Take Control library for 50% off, through February 25th. All our titles are DRM-free and available in PDF, EPUB, and Mobipocket (Kindle) formats, so you can access the real-world Mac and iOS advice you need wherever, whenever, and on whatever device you like.
Since Apple’s massive releases of OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 last year, our hard-working authors have been researching and writing new titles and updates alike, all with the goal of providing you with up-to-date answers to your Mac and iOS questions.
In particular, check out our snazzy new Take Control Crash Courses, which bring you the first-rate content you expect from us in shorter, magazine-like chunks so you can dip in and read quickly. We have Crash Courses on Yosemite, iOS 8, and “Digital Sharing for Apple Users” — that last one explains how to work effectively in today’s spaghetti-like ecosystem of devices, services, and collaborators.
Other titles that have been revised recently to cover changes in Yosemite and iOS 8 include:
* “Take Control of Pages” has friendly and thorough directions for handling complex word processing and layout tasks on the Mac, in iOS, and on iCloud, plus a deep look at iCloud Drive.
* “Take Control of Apple Mail, Second Edition” tells you what you most need to know about Apple’s Mail app in Yosemite and iOS.
* “Take Control of iCloud, Third Edition” remains the canonical reference to everything iCloud can do. If you’re not sure which features go with iCloud, how they work together, or how to best use them, read this book.
* “Take Control of Dropbox” explains how to best sync your own files through the Dropbox service, or collaborate productively with other Dropbox users. It includes a cheat sheet you can share with colleagues who need Dropbox help.
* “Take Control of FileVault” walks you through the how’s and why’s of OS X’s built-in FileVault feature so you can secure the files stored on your Mac’s drives with confidence.
* “Take Control of OS X Server” covers Yosemite Server for those looking to turn a Mac into a server for a home, small business, or classroom.
More gems are available for 50% off in our catalog, making this a great time to stock up on books you can turn to for help when you need it, including titles about upgrading to Yosemite, automating your Mac, setting up a paperless office, the impressively useful utility LaunchBar, AirPort Wi-Fi networking, Apple TV, and much more. We give readers minor updates for free, so your library can stay up to date throughout the year!
Remember, we don’t expect you to read every book cover to cover; instead, use the Table of Contents and Quick Start to jump instantly to the topics that explain what you want to know.
Thank you for supporting the Take Control series… we couldn’t do it without you! And, if we can ask a quick favor, it would be great if you could spread the word about the sale, since the proceeds make a big difference to our authors and help them continue to focus on writing books for you.
cheers… -Adam & Tonya Engst, Take Control publishers