What: Software Freedom Day Cleveland Conference
When: October 27, 2008 10:00 AM
Where: Click the link below to find out!
Meetup Description: NOTE: You MUST register at the SFD-CLE 2008 website to attend this event. It is not enough to simply RSVP here. To register go to http://www.softwarefreedomday-cleveland.org/registration.php.
Software Freedom Day Cleveland is an effort to educate the public about the benefits of Free and Open Source Software.
Associate. Celebrate. Educate.
Monday October 27th between 10am and 4pm at the Gemini Center in Fairview Park
Get maps & directions to the event
What is FOSS or Free Software? It is software that has been licensed in a manner that allows users to run it for any purpose, to redistribute copies to others, to change the software to suit their needs and to redistribute those changes as well. When we say Free Software, think of free as in speech, rather than free as in beer. We even have a list of examples to give you a small idea of what’s available.
* Associate with professionals and businesses that create and offer technical support for Free Software.
* Celebrate the freedom and vastness of the FOSS ecosystem.
* Educate the public, IT workers, business owner and leaders, and other users about the enormous benefits of Free Software.
Why register though? Why come? Here are just some benefits of attending Software Freedom Day Cleveland 2008:
1. Network with others in your field from the local area!
2. Learn about how FOSS* can make your job easier and save you money!
3. See Free Software in action and get hands on demonstrations!
4. Attendee Packs will include FREE CDs filled with amazing software for you to try after the conference.
5. T-Shirt awesomness!
*Free and Open Source Software.