Adam and Tonya Engst, Take Control: “Take Control of MobileMe, Second Edition” demystifies Apple’s online service.
We’re pleased to bring you Joe Kissell’s new “Take Control of MobileMe, Second Edition.” Whether you already use Apple’s MobileMe service or are considering adding it to your online toolkit, this e-book will ensure that you get the most out of your subscription.
MobileMe’s e-mail, calendaring, and online storage features help extend your Mac and iOS devices to the cloud, and to view, share, access, download, mix, and mingle your data in many ways once it’s there. All these options give you a lot of power, but figuring out how everything interacts is non-trivial! Joe spent many hours carefully researching all the details, and the e-book was edited by the ever-knowledgeable Dan Frakes.
You can buy Take Control of MobileMe, Second Edition” for $10 at:
Questions answered in the book include:
* What are MobileMe’s primary features?
* How do I set up MobileMe syncing on my iPhone, iPad or iPod touch?
* How quickly should I expect MobileMe to sync my data?
* Which types of data sync only between Macs and which can sync across platforms?
* How do I configure my e-mail software to use MobileMe?
* How do I access my iDisk from Windows?
* How do I add movies and photos to my Web Gallery?
* Where in my MobileMe account does my iWeb-created site go?
* What should I do to host a non-iWeb site in my MobileMe account?
* How can I configure my AirPort Extreme to work with Back to My Mac?
Joe has been running the Red Queen’s race in his attempt to finish the book. Each time he thought the book was ready for release, Apple moved the finish line by announcing a new feature or a major service change. Just a week ago, for example, Apple totally changed the way MobileMe calendars worked and released the MobileMe-savvy iLife ’11 application suite. By burning gallons of midnight oil, Joe succeeded in rolling information about these and all other changes into this new edition.
Thanks for your support of the Take Control series. We couldn’t do it without you!
-Adam and Tonya Engst, Take Control publishers